17 March 2008

Funk is Dead. Long Live Funk!

You see, this is why I love YouTube.

I was sitting here at my desk (or at Silke's desk to be precise) working on a copy editing assignment, when it occurred to me that what I should really be doing is updating the music videos on my iLike application on Facebook. Since I feature funk and classical on my Facebook profile, updating meant that it was time to search for some funk classics since my current classical video selection will be there for a while.

In any case, I allowed myself to wander back to 1978, the absolute height of Funkiness, and eventually settled on this:



I wish I had a Euro for every time I danced to this song back in the day. Written by that English genius of funk and R&B, Rod Temperton, Grooveline is a blast from a funk-da-fied past I am very happy to have experienced.

I'm not sure what happened to music like this, but I intend to find out. Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment