25 July 2010

Sunday Morning Sadness

Sometimes the world sucks, according to me . . . and this morning it sucks big time.

My thoughts are with the victims of the Love Parade disaster in Duisburg yesterday. The story is particularly difficult for me because I suffer from an acute fear of crowds, and the injuries and loss of life at what should have been a happy and carefree event strike me as particularly meaningless. Although it may seem a bit silly to get worked up over people that I don't know, I'd like to think that's what makes me human.

In any case, Simon and Garfunkel are my go to guys when it comes to stuff like this. The marriage of lyrics and music in this song is perfect. So whenever the world gets too heavy, I play this song, close my eyes, and pretend like Art is singing to me.



It helps.

1 comment:

  1. The decision to Fear Something or to Flee from it is timeless in human evolution.

    Fear or Flight
    Deep in our brains lies this basic of emotion.
    It lives in the oldest places of the brain.
    Its the reaction we all live and die by.
    The very existence of the brain we have and soul that inhabits it depends on this Life and Death reaction.
    It is a reaction to emotion over time.
    This emotion is cyclical in frequency over time

    Symphony and Sympathy
    Music is sympathetic vibrations.
    Cycles of vibrations across time.
    Frequency's that we hear can trigger emotions
    Emotions that are deep in our brains.
    We always beat the drum before battle.
    Sound the charge by bugle
    It insures the Right brained souls follow all the Left brain leaders.


    Memories of Flight and Fright in our Souls and Brains react so well to the cycles and frequency's of our Music over time.
    Take a music bath for the body and soul.
    Even if you do not need one.

    With this post, i get the opportunity of music in a clip. An opportunity to share the water in which someone else is bathing.
    To get a bath
    (even if i do not need one)
    From Inez.

    Thank You that was nice.

    ReplyDelete