03 February 2009

Jumbo Hostel

As if Sweden weren't cool enough, I recently saw a report about a 747 that has been converted into a hostel. Located at Arlanda Airport, about 42 km north of Stockholm, the Jumbo Hostel is a fascinating example of creative thinking. And honestly, if you have to stay at an airport hotel, what could be cooler than staying in one that used to fly?



Cockpit Suite


Double room


Amazing transformation

I wouldn't want to spend my entire visit to Stockholm having to travel back and forth to the airport, but a couple nights in a converted 747 would definitely be on the agenda.

Details about room types and prices are available here.

4 comments:

  1. Why i come back here you stimulate my brain with all these neat ideas and thoughts.

    This is a great idea. Hotel or house.

    I'm off now to find prices for used 747 frames.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it's really cool! Glad you find my posts stimulating ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok im saving up $100,000.00 Gets ya one gutted.

    http://telstarlogistics.typepad.com/telstarlogistics/2007/09/do-you-want-to-.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dude, that's way too much money. How about those planes sitting out there in the desert? http://www.desertusa.com/mag06/apr/airplane.html
    I didn't see any prices anywhere, but I have always been fascinated by the thought of an airplane graveyard. Take a road trip Marty and maybe you could just "borrow" one. ;-)

    ReplyDelete